A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer when you visit certain websites. Among other things, cookies enable a website to store and remember information about you or your computer’s habits and to recognise you, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer.
Cookies are essential for the Internet to function, as they provide with innumerable advantages in terms of interactive services, making the browsing and use of the website easier. The information shown will help understand how different types of cookies work:
Depending their management:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are collected by the editors themselves in order to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are collected and managed by a third-party, such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Google AdSense or others.
Depending on how long they are active:
- Session cookies: These cookies collect data while the user browses in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored in the terminal, in which the obtained information will be used by the responsible of said cookie in order to provide the requested service.
Depending on the purpose:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are necessary in order to correctly browse the web.
- Personalization cookies: These cookies allow the user some characteristics (such as language) to browse the website.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies inform the provider about the analysis linked to the browsing made by the user. The goal is to track how the website is used, as well as to create statistics on the most visited content, visitors etc.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow the editor to include advertising space, depending on the content of the website itself.
- Advertisement cookies: These allow the editor to include advertising on the website.
- Behavioural: These cookies generate web advertising spaces depending on the information obtained through the browsing habits of the user.
Cookies on this website
Pursuant to Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002 of July 11th for Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services (LSSI-CE), MEKATXABIR S.L informs about the cookies used on this website:
Log in: Log in cookies enable the user to log in and off the managing and editing of posts, in case of having privileges to do so.
Personalization::These cookies remember people or websites with which the user has interacted in order to display content of their interest.
Preferential: These cookies allow to remember settings and preferences, as well as the language of the browser.
Security:These cookies avoid cyberattacks.
This web uses analysing services, more specifically Google Analytics by Google, Inc. (all cookies used are displayed here).
Likewise, MEKATXABIR S.L informs the user that they have the option to configure their browser in order to be informed about receiving cookies, so they can block them from being installed on the hard drive, if need be.